Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Salvador.. Lençóis... Rio...

I began my time in Brazil in Salvador, Bahia where I fell in love with the people, the music, the food, and the beach. While there for two weeks, I took Portuguese courses at a local language school and met some beautiful people from around the world. From there I went with a few of those school mates on a roadtrip to the beautiful paradise of Chapada Diamantina (Lençóis), Bahia and saw some of the most AMAZING nature and views I've ever witnessed. I walked through a few caves and swam in their natural pools, slid down a natural rock slide, walked through a waterfall, like the top of it, which was one of the most dumb dangerous things I've done here, among other nature adventures. If you are an outdoor person, I highly recommend it! Finally after returning from this haven, I returned to Salvador to revisit some friends and that led us on an early adventure to Rio de Janeiro, RJ. I've spent the past two weeks here and will soon head to São Paulo before I fly away from the Americas. Let you know more about the last two cities when I leave.

First sunset Salvador


Favorite sunset Salvador

Island hopping boat trip with the schoolmates

Just a neighborhood

ROAD TRIP!!

Lençóis activities


The crew


One of my favorite Chapada views

A little cliff side Capoeira 

Chapada Diamantina
Taking it all in...


Panoramic...location unknown...Chapada Diamantina 

Looks like he was dancing so we'll go with that...

Location unknown



Selarón (Stairs)


Just tickling Christo


Until next time!




2 comments:

  1. Looks like he saw something in the water and wasn't quite sure what it is! Dancing my foot... Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Hey auntie...he was falling on a rock.

      Delete